Stumble It!
Support Horatio!

This was a weekly comic strip that chronicled the adventures of Horatio Algiers, and friends, as they battled the insanity of the Amalgamated Regions Postal Service. It is now retired!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Snail Mail (Alt Version)



I wrote an alternative version to this weeks strip. It's the exact same gag, but with the added dynamic that actual dialogue provides.

Additional Comment: I didn't mention it previously, but the slowness of traditional mailing has been a subject of comic strip jokes for years. Inevitably the snail is used as a replacement for the USPS's proud eagle logo. Because it was tired, I had to make my own. Perhaps I did it for the same reason every comedian has their own version of the Aristocrats. However, unlike the Aristocrats, I think I came up with something familiar yet unique.

5 comments:

sean chandler said...

I prefer this one. Very Funny.

Anonymous said...

I liked both of them, but this one was pretty funny. The added dialogue did add to the humor.
Joanne

Anonymous said...

This one seemed different just because of the dialogue. Still pretty funny.
Roy

Unknown said...

one dam sassy duck. I laughed a lot harder at this one...but appreciated both versions...this one had many punchlines in it...and you know I'm a sucker for punchlines...

Anonymous said...

Actually, this one was hilarious! I enjoyed the added dialogue.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an Italian-Filipino writer of mostly dark fiction. My stories have appeared in numerous publications and podcasts, including Apex Magazine, Intergalactic Medicine Show, Shock Totem, and LeVar Burton Reads. My chapbook "Symphony of the Night" was also released through Aurelia Leo.

Banners